A fully boned out chicken inside and fully boned out duck inside a fully boned out turkey with the drums and drummettes left on. There is a layer of apple and cranberry stuffing between each product. The turkey is a 5.5 kg bird with drum and drummette still attached. The duck is a 2.4 kg bird completely boned out and the chicken is placed inside the duck.
- To defrost, thaw the Turducken in the refrigerator for 5 days or rapid thaw in a bucket with cold water for 24-36 hours
- Heat oven to 100 – 120 degrees Celsius
- Place turducken in an oven tray and set it in the centre of the oven until internal temperature exceeds 75 degrees
- Allow approximately 60 minutes per kilo cooking time
- No need to baste with oil or cover in tin foil
- Elevate bird on a rack or alternatively on carrots to avoid it deep frying in the run off oils at the bottom of the pan
- If the bird is not elevated, accumulated drippings must be removed every few hours to avoid deep frying