For the perfect Roasted Duck
Roasting the Duck
- Pre heat oven to 190C.
- Dry duck with paper towel for a crispier skin.
- Ensure the vent end of the duck is open to allow even cooking. Place herbs, zest of orange or garlic inside the cavity for a wonderful aroma while the duck is cooking. If you want to have stuffing we suggest cooking it separately.
- Place duck on a rack in a roasting tray.
- Baste the duck skin with a mix of pomegranate molasses and orange juice.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 45mins per kg until golden brown then remove your duck from oven and leave to rest for 20 mins.
To portion the duck into 4, gently cut out the 2 breasts and the 2 legs with a sharp knife.
Keep your duck fat for cooking your roasted potatoes.